Great communication in the workplace is one of the signs of a high-performance culture. It allows everyone to share their inputs and feel that their ideas are being valued. Exchanging information and ideas within an organization is termed workplace communication. However, effective communication occurs when a message is sent and received accurately. In every aspect of life (both professional and personal), effective communication is the cornerstone of success. It is a critical factor in all business goals.
So why is communication so important in the workplace?
- It avoids confusion
- It provides purpose
- It creates accountability
- It builds a positive company culture
This course will highlight paths towards a fundamental business practice for a committed and productive workforce. It will include:
- Describing Non-Verbal Communication
- Identifying the Styles of Others
- Flexing Your Style to be More Effective
- Using Active Listening Skills
- Communicating One-to-Many
- Leading Effective Meetings
- Using Effective Electronic Communication
Being a great communicator is a common trait in all great leaders. So, understanding these concepts, and continuously improving your communication skills, is key to your personal growth and organization’s success.
Date Recorded: April 22, 2020
Instructors: Donna Moody & Scott Parres