The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) has been around for over a decade yet it continues to cause confusion and questions as to how to keep compliant. Detailed regulations and numerous legislative and regulatory changes have made it extremely difficult for Human Resources to administer. This class will help you and your organization overcome compliance and employee leave challenges while becoming more proficient in FMLA administration. You’ll obtain the skills, understanding, and confidence needed to make case-by-case and strategic FMLA decisions that withstand the toughest scrutiny.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the conditions that are applicable to FMLA
- Understand Notification Deadlines, how to curb abuse, and prevent claims
- Better understand Military Family Leave
- Recognize advanced FMLA issues involving parental leave, reinstatements, as well as recent new legislation
- Know how to coordinate FMLA with ADA and accommodations