Dare to Lead
Member Fees: $1500.00
Non-Member Fees: $1999.00
The Dare to Lead™ 16-hour curriculum is a combination of videos, teaching, worksheets, and discussion.
LESSON 1 – The Heart of Daring Leadership
Articulate the definition of a leader as someone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people or processes and has the courage to develop that potential.
- Learn that daring leadership requires four sets of skills that can be learned: rumbling with vulnerability, living into our values, braving trust, and learning to rise.
- Begin practicing how to ask for what you need, set boundaries, and reach out for support.
LESSON 2 – Rumbling with Vulnerability
- Determine your call to courage as a leader.
- Define vulnerability as uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure.
- Understand the role of courage and vulnerability in daring leadership.
- Challenge old definitions and dispel the myths surrounding the concept of vulnerability.
- Understand and begin to utilize the metaphor of the arena to examine the challenges associated with feeling vulnerable or with engaging in behaviors that lead to uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure.
LESSON 3 – Shame
- Define shame and learn to recognize the physiological sensations that accompany experiences of shame.
- Differentiate between the four self-conscious emotions: shame, guilt, humiliation, and embarrassment.
- Understand the concept of shame shields and the shame shields that you are most likely to use in specific situations.
- Learn to recognize how shame, scarcity, and comparison show up in the workplace and how they affect engagement, trust, and connection.
LESSON 4 – Empathy
- Understand the components of empathy and recognize common barriers to empathy (empathic misses) that interfere with meaningful connection.
- Recognize the importance of emotional literacy for effective communication and connection.
LESSON 5 – Armored Leadership versus Daring Leadership
- Recognize the armor that gets in the way of daring leadership.
- Develop an understanding of the behaviors that characterize daring leadership as compared to armored leadership.
LESSON 6 – Grounded Confidence and Rumbling Skills
- Learn how curiosity and rumble skills can be practiced to develop grounded confidence.
LESSON 7 – Living Into Our Values
- Learn how values operate in our professional lives and the role they play in integrity and daring leadership.
- Identify your core values and the behaviors that support these values so you can learn to recognize when you are acting from a place of integrity (and when you are not).
- Learn the daring leadership skills that help guide tough conversations including giving and receiving feedback.
LESSON 8 – BRAVING Trust
- Explain how authenticity is cultivated by Living BIG: establishing boundaries, practicing integrity, and extending generosity.
- Explain how trust is essential to building a meaningful connection.
- Develop an understanding of how trust is built incrementally, over time, and often by small gestures.
- Learn how to use the BRAVING inventory as a way of understanding and discussing the elements of trust: Boundaries, Reliability, Accountability, Vault, Integrity, Nonjudgment, and Generosity.
LESSON 9 – The Rising Strong Process
- Learn the critical role that curiosity and recognition of emotion play in developing rising skills.
- Discuss how the brain is wired for story, how this influences the development of stories that are not true (i.e., conspiracies and confabulations), and how these stories can affect our behavior.
- Recognize common strategies for offloading hurt (chandeliering, bouncing hurt, numbing, stockpiling, high-centering, and The Umbridge), and learn more effective behaviors for managing emotion (e.g., tactical breathing and mindfulness).
LESSON 10 – Rumbling with Our SFDs
- Explain how writing down the story we make up (SFD) helps make meaning of our experiences.
- Understand how/where/when anxiety shows up in your life.
- Identify patterns of over/under-functioning with others.
- Understand how anxiety, grief, and forgiveness are relevant to the Rising Strong process.
- Describe how key learnings that emerge from the Rising Strong process deepen wisdom and meaning.
LESSON 11 – The Revolution and Closing
- Determine how you will integrate key learnings from this course into your professional life.
Individuals who successfully complete the full 16-hour Dare to Lead program will receive a certificate of completion and are allowed to put a Dare to Lead Trained badge on their LinkedIn account.
For Cancellation/Reschedule and Inclement Weather Policy please click HERE
Customized Training Courses
Why settle for standard public training when you can have a custom program that would include your Mission, Vision, and Company Values? Imagine a program that tailors the workshop and activities to the market you serve! If this sounds appealing, call your AAIM Account Executive today to explore the possibilities.