Annual Employment Law Update - NOW VIRTUAL!
This course is not currently scheduled.
LIVE ONLINE Series has ended. Recorded content from this series is available for purchase, along with other topics and series, as On-Demand Training HERE.
HR professionals and business owners alike know that understanding the latest employment law developments can make or break an organization. This course will provide you with the latest news and updates in employment law and provide you with practical guidance in responding to day-to-day employee situations. Participants will learn the latest Supreme Court decisions, NLRB’s continuing expansion of employee rights under the NLRA, updates on developments in wage and hour laws and regulations, and developments under the ADA, FMLA and other employment laws.
Two 2-Hour Sessions LIVE Online
Presented by Davis & Campbell
- Day 1 ILLINOIS LAW – Wednesday, September 16, 2020 | 8am – 10am
- New Challenges for Employers on Employee Compensation and Recruiting
- Illinois Supreme Court Wades Into Labor Law
- Union Organizing, Employer Opposition and Elections in a Pandemic
- Illinois Executive Branch Tackles Employment Issues During COVID
- Facing liability for COVID-19 illnesses of employees and customers
- Terminations and RIFs in a Catastrophic Economy
- Changes to High Profile Chicago Employment Ordinances
- Day 2 FEDERAL LAW – Thursday, September 17, 2020 | 8am – 10am
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act and CARES Act
- ADA, Reasonable Accommodation, Testing Issues, and COVID-19
- Benefits Issues in a Tough Business Environment
- Preparing for political discussion and strife in the workplace
- The Supreme Court Changes The Scope of Anti-Discrimination Duties
- Immigration Issues in a Presidential Election Year
- OSHA Recommends, But Does Not Enforce, COVID Health Measures
Each session will conclude with an optional 30-min Q&A.
For the complete agenda, CLICK HERE
For Cancellation/Reschedule and Inclement Weather Policy please click HERE
“Davis and Campbell does a very good job – always informative.”
– Randall S. | GPSD
“Great information – I always enjoy this seminar.”
– Rebecca F. | TH Foods, Inc.
“As always, great information and presentation of it.”
- Katie R. | ABC
Recertification Credit Hours: 3.75
Specified Credit Hours: HR
Professional Development Credits Awarded: 3.75
Professional Development Credits Awarded: 4 Recommended
AAIM Employers’ Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Customized Training Courses
Why settle for standard public training when you can have a custom program that would include your Mission, Vision, and Company Values? Imagine a program that tailors the workshop and activities to the market you serve! If this sounds appealing, call your AAIM Account Executive today to explore the possibilities.